We are looking for a Financial Services Sector Sales Director
The Financial Services Sector Sales Director will support our ambitious growth plans and further develop our customer base in the financial services sector. This role will be responsible for planning, delivering, and achieving agreed sales quotas aligned with their Sectoral responsibility. You will work directly with The Project Foundry Financial Services clients to help develop innovative insights and creative solutions to meet their needs.
Our ideal team member will be highly motivated, creative, passionate about our brand, and thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Sector Sales Director’s responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sector Sales Director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships, and understanding customer trends. Comfortable challenging the status quo, providing enterprise-level value-based sales consultation to senior and c-suite buyers, and demonstrating a proven ability to achieve and exceed quotas and targets continuously. Refined consultancy, solution-oriented, communication, and relationship management are critical skillsets for this role.
To be successful, you will have proven relationship management skills, deep multi-vertical knowledge, and experience, understand the challenges confronting the economy and the sector, and maintain knowledge of multiple different business functions, up-and-coming technologies, and mixed methodologies to allow you to create expert proposals that meet clients’ needs. You will showcase high emotional intelligence and well-honed interpersonal skills and be an exceptional team player.
Our culture is founded on 5 Key Pillars- Excellence in Delivery, Accountability and Ownership, Communication and Collaboration, Innovation and Community, and Connecting our Business. We deliver this through a one-team approach. We continuously promote diversity, collaboration, and innovation. If you’re interested in building something special and want the opportunity to work with a like-minded and growth-oriented team, we at The Project Foundry wish to work with you.
- Collaborating with Financial Services and other Project Foundry teams to plan and drive business development, growth activity, and initiatives
- Co-ordinate and produce all proposal responses while assembling a proposal team that has the skills to prepare and submit a winning proposal to clients
- Work closely with the Commercial Sales Director to define the sector strategy and goals
- Develop an actionable growth plan and strategy for specific clients and establish yourself as an industry expert and key consultant for clients
- Translate strategic direction and business objectives established by clients into holistic service proposals
- Identify and resolve any internal or external barriers to success
- Setting key performance indicators
- Using data analytics to develop accurate forecasting both in terms of forecast accuracy and sectoral growth planning
- Work effectively (individual contributor and matrix collaboration) supporting delivery teams and SMEs with day-to-day delivery in support of customer success plans and commercial objectives
- Continuously developing and executing the strategic sector plans to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Sales budgeting and planning, rigorous sales pipeline qualification, analysis, and management, following our codified sales process
- Facilitate internal and external customer meetings to validate discovery and solutions, ensures a smooth transition to delivery teams, and maintain consistent communication and messaging
- Where applicable, lead customers through detailed demonstrations
- Gather and circulate within the organisation the voice of client feedback to improve the customer experience and advise future value proposition
- Review and confirm proposed solutions to ensure client requirements are aligned
- Assist Practice Leads with business guidance, consultative direction, and knowledge development
- Measure and analyse key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)
- Building and fostering new relationships with external clients and internal colleagues to assist in generating new growth opportunities
- Developing Financial Services client relationships by working confidently with clients and building trusted advisor relationships
- Set profitable sectoral goals and consistent achievement of sectoral goals
- Delivery of agreed quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Create, plan, and execute detailed go-to-market plans for clients and sectors
- Continuous collaboration with pre- and post-sales teams
- Deliver new business growth from existing and new clients effectively and consistently while also managing and developing existing business relationships, solutions, and value
- Develop and deliver accurate forecasting both in terms of forecast accuracy and execution of targets
- Delivery of reports on sales figures and forecasts for senior management
Sounds good? What do you need?
- 10+ years of experience in sectoral sales roles, at least three years in professional services working with Financial Services clients
- BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration, or a relevant field
- A growth mindset – i.e., An “Intrapreneur” with the ability to identify new opportunities, innovate customer solutions, and work cross-functional with delivery and management to develop and effectively deliver those new solutions to drive value and business growth
- Proven track record of successful target achievement and QoQ and YoY sales growth in one of our key target industry sectors in a solution sales B2B environment
- Strong network of industry contacts and market knowledge (drivers, players, trends, etc.). Trusted partner status with existing relationships
- Keen understanding of project lifecycles, technology, digital environments, and procurement processes in your sector
- Experience with and a high degree of familiarity with solution selling and strategic account management methodologies, CRM tools, and associated sales reporting
- Actively seeking new prospects and leads, working with them to determine the right fit and close the deal.
- Call senior Business and IT buyer groups up to and including CxO level
- Proven work experience as a Sectoral Sales Manager, area sales manager, or similar senior solution sales role
- Growth planning and execution experience with the ambition to grow your sector as a strategic growth driver in our business
- Comfortable with data analysis to forecast and plan growth definition
- Ability to measure and analyse key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)
- Familiarity with CRM software; Salesforce is preferential
- Strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- High levels of self-motivation, persistence, self-initiative, and ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy within a defined selling process
- Availability to travel as needed