We are looking for a Delivery Director
The Delivery Director is a key senior leadership role within The Project Foundry (TPF) with full accountability for the successful delivery of all client engagements and management of a number of our core Professional Service practices including Programme & Project Management, PMO, Business Consulting and Change & Transformation.
Directs our Delivery capability, approach and governance. Maintains and develops an operating model that aligns with return-on-investment business priorities while overseeing day-to-day operational issues related to project execution. Capturing value and building world-class capability delivering on the company’s vision for Professional Services and building an eco-system of complementary tools and collateral.
Managing a large multi-country/multi-cultural team responsible for both frontline impact and client satisfaction. Responsible for managing the P&L on an annual basis to ensure targets are met/exceeded. The Director of Delivery is responsible for identifying improvements, efficiencies, and cost reduction opportunities.
Works with COO and Practice Leads supporting the practice plans for maintaining overall profitable, efficient, and high-quality function(s), and ensuring adherence to the governance framework. Overall responsibility for the Practices outlined above including our Digital Project Management Office. As Director of Delivery, you must have a deep understanding of the professional services industry and be able to effectively manage, motivate and scale a team of professionals.
- Support COO in the developing and scaling TPF’s Professional Services function
- Support the COO in annual budgeting and planning process for the organisation’s annual budget and forecast, providing insight and input, regarding utilisation and staffing
- Develop strategic plans to build, evolve and progress TPF’s transformational service offerings within the following practices: Progamme and Project Management, PMO including our PMOaaS offering, Change and Transformation and Business Consulting
- Identify specific skills, experience, and staffing levels required to effectively manage and complete all ongoing and future engagements within the global portfolio and work with the CPO to create a robust people plan
- Build the Professional Services practice plan to deliver world-class capability and showcase the plan to apply medium to long-term solutions to fix the root causes of all issues.
- Take ownership of project execution, governance, and delivery across the Professional Services and work with the various practice leads to define the best frameworks and governance structures for each
- Develop and continuously improve TPF’s innovative services
- Ownership of Professional Services presales engagements and development of these skills across your team who will support SMEs
- Manage defined operational KPIs and OKRs
- Set KPIs and incentivising programmes for your reports and manage performance according to the structure and cadence of TPF
- Manage external stakeholder relationships at the highest level and foster excellent working relationships across TPF
- Ownership of the P&L across the following practices: Progamme and Project Management, PMO including our PMOaaS offering, Change and Transformation and Business Consulting
- Full responsibility for the delivery of TPF’s client solutions
- Responsible for client solution design sign-off in conjunction with TPF’s CTO
- Build a world class Professional Services delivery capability with a multi-year strategy aligned to TPF’s company vision
- Responsible for ongoing development and progression of ‘The Project Foundry way’ and common ways of working
- Full accountability for driving operational efficiencies and KPIs across the above mentioned practices
Sounds great, what do I need?
- The Director of Delivery is a senior-level position and requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in professional services, management, and leadership
- Demonstrated progressive experience managing, leading, and/or delivering professional services
- Robust experience building and leading large teams of people in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Have a relevant degree such as a bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, MBA, Management, Technical, Technology, Information Systems, Business/Administration
- Project or Programme Management certification, Lean Six Sigma, APMG, or Prosci certifications beneficial
- Demonstrated progressive experience with a service-based business model
- Experience managing technical, cross-functional professional services teams (e.g., consulting, implementation, trainers, project managers) and delivery partners
- Demonstrated experience bringing governance and standardisation to multi-faceted delivery practices
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling a professional services business with accountability for financial targets
- Ability to be an evangelist for The Project Foundry’s customers and serve according to our culture and values
- Ability to quickly handle shifting priorities and work toward agreed-upon goals and target dates
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to travel up to 20%