We are looking for an Application Project Manager
We are looking for an Application Project Manager to join a new venture within The Project Foundry.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in expanding an additional service to the business and work with our extensive range of clients. The Project Foundry have partnered with a global PPM organisation as their implementation partner and need an ambitious Application PM to drive this service.
The Project Foundry has substantially grown its portfolio of clients across the finance and technology, telecoms, and aviation sectors. We bring a fresh and creative approach to Project Management; this approach resonates with existing and potential clients.
Our culture is founded on 5 Key Pillars – Excellence in Delivery, Accountability and Ownership, Communication and Collaboration, Innovation and Community, and Connecting our Business. We deliver this through a one-team approach. We continuously promote diversity, collaboration, and innovation. If you are interested in building something special and want the opportunity to work with a like-minded team, we here at The Project Foundry want to work with you.
Our ideal colleague will be self-directed, highly motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
The ideal person should have experience with application (ERP, PSA, PPM, etc.) implementations and administration in client facing or professional services environments. Strong interpersonal skills to understand the needs of the client, and ability to speak with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Manage all services and delivery related to our client. This will involve the coordination of internal resources and third parties/contractors for the execution and delivery of all approved work
- Ensure resource availability, allocation, and management of the team
- Liaise with technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure a successful implementation
- Good technical knowledge, attention to detail, versatility, and enthusiasm for client success
- Manage all projects within the Application Implementation
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Use and execute appropriate controls to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Report and escalate any issues, when required
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Manage and foster the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Ability to explain to client the benefits of the solution and how it will improve their business, and strong business acumen to understand the current business environment and any challenges that may arise
Sounds good? What do you need?
- Prior experience as a Project Manager in the information technology sector on application-based projects
- Excellent knowledge or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Commercial awareness and an ability to contribute to the financial success of the application and our customers
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills alongside
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field
- Occasional travel to customer sites is required.