We are looking for a Sector Sales Director
The Sector Sales Director will support our ambitious growth plans and to further develop our customer base in the Lifesciences. This role will have responsibility for planning, delivery, and achievement of agreed sales quotas aligned to their Sectoral responsibility.
The Project Foundry is disrupting the industry with its fresh and creative approach and the launch of new innovative solutions. We are a high-growth business with big aspirations, as a Sector Sales Director, you will deliver our message on how we develop and deliver world-class service to our clients with conviction.
Our ideal team member will be highly motivated, creative, passionate about our brand, and thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Sector Sales Director responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sector Sales Director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships, and understanding customer trends. Comfortable challenging the status quo, providing enterprise-level value-based sales consultation to senior and c-suite buyers, and demonstrating proven ability to continuously achieve and exceed quotas and targets for new business development and growth of existing accounts.
To be successful, you will have proven relationship management skills, deep multi-vertical knowledge, and experience, understand the challenges confronting the economy, maintain knowledge of multiple different business functions, up-and-coming technologies, and mixed methodologies to allow to create expert proposals that meet client’s needs. You will showcase high emotional intelligence and well-honed interpersonal skills and be an exceptional team player.
Our culture is founded on 5 Key Pillars- Excellence in Delivery, Accountability and Ownership, Communication and Collaboration, Innovation and Community, and Connecting our Business, and we deliver this through a one-team approach. We continuously promote diversity, collaboration, and innovation. If you are interested in building something special and want the opportunity to work with a like-minded team, we here at The Project Foundry want to work with you.
A strong understanding of disaster recovery is a must have for this role. Responsibilities will include aligning DR testing strategies to certain standards, conducting reviews of DR plans and procedures, managing DR environment capability for critical applications, and more.
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer to define the sector strategy and goals
- Develop an actionable growth plan and strategy for specific clients and prospective clients and establish yourself as an industry expert and key consultant for clients
- Translate strategic direction and business objectives established by clients into holistic service proposals
- Identify and resolve any internal or external barriers to success
- Setting and reporting on key performance indicators
- Using data analytics to develop accurate forecasting both in terms of forecast accuracy and sectoral growth planning
- Work effectively (individual contributor and matrix collaboration) supporting delivery teams and SMEs with day-to-day delivery in support of customer success plans and commercial objectives
- Continuously developing and executing the strategic sector plans to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Sales budgeting and planning, rigorous sales pipeline qualification, analysis, and management following our codified sales process
- Facilitate internal and external customer meetings to validate discovery and solutions, ensures a smooth transition to delivery teams, and maintain consistent communication and messaging
- Where applicable lead customers through detailed demonstrations
- Gather and circulate within the organisation the voice of client feedback to improve the customer experience and advise future value proposition
- Review and confirm proposed solutions to ensure client requirements are aligned
- Assist Practice Leads with business guidance, consultative direction, and knowledge development
- Measure and analyse key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Set profitable sectoral goals and consistent achievement of sectoral goals
- Delivery of agreed quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Create, plan, and execute detailed go-to-market plans for clients and sectors
- Continuous collaboration with pre- and post-sales teams
- Deliver new business growth, from existing and new clients, effectively and consistently while also managing and developing existing business relationships, solutions, and value
- Develop and deliver accurate forecasting both in terms of forecast accuracy and execution of targets
- Delivery of reports on sales figures and forecasts for senior management
Sounds good? What do you need?
- 10+ years of experience in technical support, implementation, and/or product development with strong consultative and strategic sales support skill sets
- Experience selling solutions into the Lifesciences
- BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A growth mindset – i.e. An “Intrapreneur” with the ability to identify new opportunities, innovate customer solutions and work cross functional with delivery and management to develop and effectively deliver those new solutions to drive value and business growth
- Proven track record successful target achievement and QoQ and YoY sales growth in one of our key target industry sectors in a solution sales B2B environment
- Strong network of industry contacts and market knowledge (drivers, players, trends etc.). Trusted partner status with existing relationships across key sector(s)
- Keen understanding of project lifecycles, technology and digital environments, and procurement processes in your sector
- Experience of and high degree of familiarity with solution selling and strategic account management methodologies, CRM tools and associated sales reporting
- Ability to call high in a B2B solutions sales environment (Service sales)
- Call to senior Business and IT buyer group up to and including CxO level
- Proven work experience as a Sectoral Sales Manager, area sales manager or similar senior solution sales role
- Growth planning and execution experience with ambition to grow your sector as a strategic growth driver in our business
- Comfortable with data analysis to forecast and plan growth definition
- Ability to measure and analyse key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- High levels of self-motivation, persistence, self-initiative, and ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy, within a defined selling process
- Availability to travel as needed