We are looking for an IT Project Manager with expertise in Disaster Recovery
We are looking for an IT Project Manager with expertise in Disaster Recovery. You will be involved in creating the disaster recovery (DR) strategy, manage a portfolio of DR plans and procedures and manage and maintain the IT DR plan.
The Project Foundry has substantially grown its portfolio of clients across the finance and technology, telecoms, and aviation sectors. We bring a fresh and creative approach to Project Management; this approach resonates with existing and potential clients.
Our culture is founded on 5 Key Pillars- Excellence in Delivery, Accountability and Ownership, Communication and Collaboration, Innovation and Community, and Connecting our Business, and we deliver this through a one-team approach. We continuously promote diversity, collaboration, and innovation. If you are interested in building something special and want the opportunity to work with a like-minded team, we here at The Project Foundry want to work with you.
Our ideal colleague will be self-directed, highly motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Candidates should also have experience multi-tasking projects and an understanding of IT infrastructure. Excellent communication skills to liaise with key stakeholders and an ability to think of your feet to make important decisions for the project.
A strong understanding of disaster recovery is a must have for this role. Responsibilities will include aligning DR testing strategies to certain standards, conducting reviews of DR plans and procedures, managing DR environment capability for critical applications, and more.
- Leading the coordination of resources, project scope, business requirement documentation, project documentation, project status reporting, project risk management, timelines, project communication, change management as well as post- implementation audit reviews.
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including business requirements documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope, definition, and project communication.
- Collaborating with business partners and project team members to efficiently write requirements and implement projects.
- Manage and Maintain IT Disaster Recovery plans, backup and recovery, core testing, and cloud testing plans.
- Ability to influence decisions and facilitate change management through collaboration and must also be able to act as a liaison between business and technology groups, to ensure that business needs are met with appropriate technology solutions.
- Managing a variety of projects with diverse and complex issues both technical and non-technical.
- Providing stakeholders with accurate reporting.
- Conduct period reviews of DR plans and procedures.
- Develop a communication plan for the project and ensure all key parties are notified and informed throughout the project.
- Develop and manage a project risk register with remediation planning.
- Develop and manage a project Issues register.
- Manage the project across its lifecycle from planning to handover.
- Assist in the developing a DR Strategy for the organisation.
Sounds good? What do you need?
- Experience managing projects and programs in multiple industries.
- Excellent knowledge of Disaster Recovery.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to understand complicated technological environments.
- Solid understanding of MS Projects.
- Very good organisational skills, logical and efficient thinking, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Adept at using negotiation, facilitation and presentation techniques to build consensus, and skilled at communicating difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project and Visio.
- Experience working in Agile & Waterfall environments.
- A relevant degree qualification.