We are looking for a Technical IT Project Manager to join our team
We are looking for an exceptional Technical IT Project Manager to join our team. This is a super opportunity to work on a career-defining cloud migration project as part of a global acquisition. If you are looking to work with a high calibre team in an exciting and fast paced environment, we want to hear from you.
The Project Foundry has substantially grown its portfolio of clients across the finance and technology, telecoms, and aviation sectors. We bring a fresh and creative approach to Project Management; this approach resonates with existing and potential clients.
Our culture is founded on 5 Key Pillars- Excellence in Delivery, Accountability and Ownership, Communication and Collaboration, Innovation and Community, and Connecting our Business and we deliver this through a one-team approach. We continuously promote diversity, collaboration, and innovation. If you are interested in building something special and want the opportunity to work with a like-minded team, we here at The Project Foundry want to work with you.
Our ideal colleague will be self-directed, highly motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Candidates should also have strong project management and client relationship skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities.
This role requires a Technical Project Manager who can cover projects including SaaS service (MS Azure), Data Comms, Networking, Virtualization, Active Directory, Windows servers and desktops, and Applications. You will also have expert experience in managing outsourced environments and vendors.
- Leading the coordination of resources, project scope, business requirement documentation, project documentation, project status reporting, project risk management, timelines, project communication, change management as well as post-implementation audit reviews
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including business requirements documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope, definition, and project communication
- Collaborating with business partners and outsourcing partners to develop robust requirements, processes, project acceptance criteria, deployment and test plans, and required procedural changes
- Developing a deep understanding of the technical aspects and requirements of the project
- Ability to influence decisions and facilitate change management through collaboration and leadership. Must also be able to act as a liaison between business and technology groups, to ensure that business needs are met with appropriate technology solutions
- Maintains an accurate and up to date project plan in an approved tool or format (MS Project) and maintain the central register for all the project artefacts
- Managing a variety of projects with diverse and complex issues both technical and non-technical
- Providing stakeholders with accurate reporting
- Develop a communication plan for the project and ensure all key parties are notified and informed throughout the project
- Develop and manage a project risk register with remediation planning
- Develop and manage a project Issues register
- Manage the project across its lifecycle from planning to handover
Sounds good? What do you need?
- 5+ Experience managing technical IT projects and programmes in the financial industry and managing projects in an outsourced environment
- A PM certification- PMP, Prince 2, or similar
- A Cloud certification is highly desirable
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or other cloud-based platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Cisco technologies, network (technologies
- Experience in delivering in outsourcing environments and excellent ITIL knowledge
- Very good organisational skills, logical and efficient thinking, and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Adept at using negotiation, facilitation, and presentation techniques to build consensus, and skilled at communicating difficult and sensitive information tactfully
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project and Visio
- Expert knowledge and experience of project management methodologies and tools, and IT Security principles, technologies, and platforms
- A degree-level qualification in Information Systems, or Computer Engineering