We are looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager with excellent experience managing a portfolio of projects in the Finance industry.
This role requires experience dealing with clients in a fast paced and innovative environment. If you are looking to work with a high calibre team, we want to hear from you.
The Project Foundry has substantially grown its portfolio of blue-chip clients across the finance & technology, telecoms, and aviation sectors. We bring a fresh and creative approach to Project Management; this approach resonates with existing and potential clients. As a result of our expanding client base, we are looking for an experienced project manager to join our team.
If you are interested in building something special and want the opportunity to work with a like-minded team, we here at The Project Foundry want to work with you.
Our ideal colleague will be self-directed, highly motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Candidates should also have experience managing a portfolio of projects, have a problem-solving mindset and excellent communication and negotiation skills. If you have experience managing projects to enhance digital capabilities within an organisation then this may be the role for you.
- Leading the coordination of resources, project scope, business requirement documentation, project documentation, project status reporting, project risk management, timelines, project communication, change management as well as post-implementation audit reviews.
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including business requirements documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope, definition, and project communication.
- Must also be able to act as a liaison between business and technology groups, to ensure that business needs are met with appropriate technology solutions.
- Managing a variety of projects with diverse and complex issues both technical and non-technical.
- Providing stakeholders with accurate reporting and governance at portfolio level
- Ability to support inexperienced PMs on-the-job
- Oversight of centralised portfolio funding
- Support for local PMs to initiate, execute and govern local projects
- Develop a communication plan for the project and ensure all key parties are notified and informed throughout the project.
- Develop and manage a project risk register with remediation planning.
- Develop and manage a project Issues register.
- Manage the project across its lifecycle from planning to handover
Sound good? What do you need?
- Proven experience managing a portfolio of projects in the finance industry, digital enhancement projects are a preferred
- A PM certification (desirable)
- Very good organisational skills, logical and efficient thinking, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Adept at using negotiation, facilitation, and presentation techniques to build consensus, and skilled at communicating difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project and Visio.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience providing reporting/governance at portfolio level
- Mentored junior PMs
- Experience managing digital projects