Title: Process Specialist
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen to work as a process specialist in our cross functional programme management office with responsibility for transforming and standardising business processes and systems, developing process-centric standard operating procedures and implementing a process-based integrated management system. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for providing subject matter expertise, strong analytics, and process development to optimise and deploy processes. This successful candidate will work with clients to design and implement best practice business processes. Particular focus will be on lean thinking, process standardisation, and data leverage to enable standardised business solutions, balancing process, control, systems, and data.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for establishing or extending relationships with operational business teams to transform process design:
- Analyse: Understand and document the current processes, benchmark current landscape.
- Standardise and Design: Leverage lean practices to develop best-in-class processes, establish standard processes, and integrate with systems design. Develop business cases for transformation opportunities.
- Build: Integrate with client teams to ensure alignment between processes, systems and data.
- Deploy and Improve: Lead process deployment efforts to ensure buy-in from local implementations. See through stabilisation efforts, hand off standardised processes, and iterate to further businesses.
- Control: Identify the key performance measures that will enable the management, control and further improvement of processes.
- Engaging with client cross-functional process team(s).
- Participating in current state (as-is) process mapping.
- Participating in future state (to-be) common process development.
- Identifying data requirements and gaps.
- Understanding current process metrics.
- Defining key performance indicators.
- Coordinating quality assurance reviews.
- Defining new reporting needs.
- Performing business impact gap analyses to support adoption and embedding change in the business.
- Testing and deploying new processes.
- Business readiness analysis.
- Contributing to the development of an enterprise-wide process architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to drive & solve issues through to resolution.
- Team player, resourceful, and self-motivating.
- Knowledge of best practise processes and procedures.
- Ability to solve complex enterprise-wide business problems to determine solutions that will yield expected business results through integrated high performing business processes.
- Ability to design innovative processes.
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- Detail-driven process orientation.
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to drive decisions utilizing data.
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in large enterprises .
- Passion for continuous improvement.
B.S./B.A. degree. M.Sc. preferred
- Must have 5-7 years of experience in functional management, cross-functional process or process-based transformation management with experience in telecommunications a bonus.
- Specific qualification in process excellence such as business process management, reengineering, process improvement, Lean or Six Sigma, business analysis.
- Certification and experience with process improvement methodologies (ex: Six Sigma, Lean, BPM, Quality Systems).
- Project management practitioner.
- Knowledge of a business process management system (BPMS).